A. MEDICAL RULINGS
9.1 Empanelment of Hospitals for treatment of BSNL employees
BSNL Board is pleased to approve that the CGMs are authorized to enter into negotiations with reputed hospitals for empanelment under BSNL for their areas.
The broad guidelines on the subject are given at page 2.
Broad guidelines for empanelment of hospitals
1. Whether the hospitals already available in the area for the BSNL employees are inadequate.
2. Whether the facilities/services available in the Private hospital are of high standard and schedule of rate comparable with the other recognized hospitals in the area.
3. If required the facilities available in the hospital may be verified through a visit to the hospital by an inspection team constituted by CGM.
4. An opinion about the Private hospital may be obtained from the Medical Supdt. of the concerned District Hospital.
5. Whether the hospital has been recognized for treatment by any other PSU located in the area. If so, the standard of service of the hospital may be ascertained from them.
6. Any other relevant aspect which the CGM may deem fit to ascertain about the hospital.
(BSNL HQ No.BSNL/ADMN/1/2 dt. 27-2-2002)
9.2 Executive Health check up scheme for Sr. Executives of BSNL
Executive Health Check up scheme for Sr. Executives of BSNL was under consideration for some time. The scheme has now been approved by the Competent Authority of BSNL Board. Details of the scheme are as follows:-
1. Executive health check up would be admissible to officers of SAG level and above.
2. The officers in 50-55 age group would be entitled for this facility once in a year while the officers above 55 years of age could avail this facility twice a year.
3. The list of Hospitals for this check-up would be notified by respective CGMs of the recruiting circles for the field units and DDG(Admn) for the Corporate Office.
4. The approved list of Tests and associated consultations is given in Annexure-I. The cost for this check-up for each occasion should not exceed Rs.3500/-. The rate shall remain valid up to 31st December, 2003.
List of Tests for Executives Health Check up Scheme
· MCHC, MCV, MCH
· Differential count (DLC)
· Platelet Count
· ESR, PCV
· Total WBC (TLC)
· Peripheral smear
· Blood Sugar (Fasting & Post Prandial)
· Uric Acid
· Lipid Profile
· Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL
· Triglycerides screening, Ratio of Cholesterol/HDL
· S.Urea, S. Creatinine
· Complete Urine Analysis
LEVER FUNCTION TEST
· Total Protein
· SGOT & SGPT
· A/G Ratio
· Alkaline Phosphate
· S.Bilirubin (Total & Direct)
· Blood Grouping & RH Typing
· Complete Urine Analysis
· ECG (resting)
· Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)
· (Stool) Faces Examination
· X-ray Chest
· Pap smear (for women)
· Tread Mill Test (TMT)
· Ultrasound screening of the whole abdomen
· Clinical examination, Medical Summary and advice by Senior consultant, Internet Medicine.
· Genital/Rectal examination by a General surgeon (for men)
· Diet counseling
· Consultation with Senior Cardiologist
· Post Check up consultation by Senior consultant, Internet Medicine
(BSNL HQ No.BSNL/ADMN/7/5(Pt.)-1 dt. 30-10-2002)
Department of Posts has decided to discontinue medical facility through P&T dispensary, being availed by serving/retired employees of BSNL w.e.f. 1-1-2004.
Therefore, all the field units may make necessary arrangement immediately for providing alternative arrangement of outdoor treatment under BSNLMRS to the employees who are presently taking benefits from P&T Dispensary and who are fulfilling eligibility conditions as per Para 1.5 of BSNLMRS
BSNL HQ No. BSNL/ADMN/1(Pt.) dt. 28-11-2003)
9.3 BSNL Medical Reimbursement Scheme –Guideline for the reimbursement of cost of appliances
Cost of appliances is reimbursable within the annual limit of outdoor treatment i.e. one months’ salary, as per Para 2.1.0 of BSNLMRS. Appliances covered under CGHS rules shall only be considered for the reimbursement within the limit of outdoor treatment.
(BSNL HQ No.BSNL/ADMN/1 dt. 23-12-2003)
10. MEDICAL RULES- BSNLMRS